We are hoping to soon expand across the state and nation.
Sacramento Ascend Program Requirements
Ascend has a standard of zero tolerance for drug use. Random drug tests are performed, and the evidence of use of any illegal substance, including marijuana, is cause for dismissal from the program.
You may be a candidate for Ascend if you:
- Have no sex offenses on your record
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Are on probation and/or are about to be sentenced by a judge
- Can reliably use personal or public transportation to get to and from the Ascend classes on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, as well as additional field trips scheduled during times outside of class. Scheduling of field trips is ongoing and announced during class
- Are determined by Ascend staff to be appropriate for the program via an assessment
Applying for the Ascend Program
There are a variety of pathways into the Ascend Program.
Ascend may be ordered by the judge as part of a sentence. Some judges have utilized Ascend as an alternative to incarceration.
If you are on Sacramento County Probation, your probation officer may refer you to complete the Ascend program as a term of probation.
In order to decide if Ascend is a good fit for you, an Ascend staff member will first conduct an in-person enrollment assessment interview. To apply for an enrollment assessment, please fill out the form below with your name, X-Ref number, phone number, and the reason you wish to be enrolled in Ascend.